how to redecorate my living room???

Help!!!!!! I have no idea what to do and its been the same for 3 years I feel like its not even a well put together living room, more like its slapped together. How do you start a redecoration process??

emleejanedom

Asked by emleejanedom at 12:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I WISH YOU WOULD POST PICS SO I CAN HELP(MORE IN DETAIL).....BUT NEW PILLOWS, CURTAINS, MATCHING PICTURE FRAMES, LAMPS ,RUG.....TRY RE=ARRANGING YOUR FURNITURE!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 1:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Can you rearrange the furniture around... maybe add some colorful pillows...
    What about a new paint on the walls... do you have a fireplace? ... as the pp stated, to bad you
    can't put some picks up... that would help a lot...
    You could also try new curtains of another color from your furniture...add some plants... do you have
    pics up on the wall? I rearrange and change out my entire house at least once a month... yes
    some times I have repeated the arrangement, but it still looks better... I have added solid colored sheets
    on the couch and love seat...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I wish you had pics. Start with a focal point such as paint just ONE wall as an accent wall. Taupe or a sage green, I have even seen red. Go with the color scheme you already have going. Add nice pillows on your sofa, an inexpensive throw rug and pictures. I keep old flower vases and buy inexpensive dried flowers and fill them up. You can also and curtain sheers on the windows in the same or complimenting color scheme.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Pick your colors. I'd start with painting the walls. Even just a fresh coat of the same color will brighten things up. Look into slipcovers if new furniture isn't an issue. Add accents or plants. See if moving furniture around will work.
    Anonymous

• I would start with a style....like do you like antiques or modern? Keep the items according to your style and get rid of the rest. After you find a style, pick a color for your walls. I thinkk a room looks best if the walls are neutral and the curtains are color OR the opposite.. if you add color on walls then pick neutral curtains. Provide art on the walls and fun accents. I think accents that have a shine to them work good in a room, like mirrors, vases, glass candle holders, silver things or gold, lamps. GL!

LOL No I did not read this from a magazine. Its how I got started when I bought our house. I looked at magazine after magazine.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2010