Husband just doesnt care

Please ladies how can I get my husband to care about more than just himself? He is only 24, but I think he should start caring more about others needs than his own. I dont know what to say or do anymore ! gahh! I love him very much, but this has just gone on for far too long and I want him to realize either he puts in more effort of caring and not ALWAYS having his way or putting his wants/needs first or ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• You can't. BUT you can choose what you are willing to put up with.
    Anonymous

• First off by saying that he is only 24 is making a excuse for him. Assuming the child or children you have are his he should have put his needs aside and theirs first the day they were born. I don't really know what you can do or say to him to make him change. People change because they want to not because of what someone might have said. Good luck.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 12:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My dad says men don't mature until at least 30. I suppose it all depends on what he is doing wrong. I have been with my husband for 7 years and I have put a lot of work into him. He wasn't always perfect. So again, you need to decide if this person has a good character and a good base for you to work with. If he's a good person and just needs to grow up a bit then help him grow in the right direction.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Don't make excuses, or you'll be doing that for the rest of your life. He sounds immature, and if he's a father he needs to grow up. Explain to him that there are people that depend on him and love him and he needs to consider these people and their feelings and not just his own.
    Anonymous

• Ask yourself, Are you willing to put up with this for the next 20 years / with children ?

A wise lady told me once:

Do not Spoil him, and becareful, what you allow.....

MEN, ..are like children, If it is okay now, It is OKAY 10 years from now.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I have to agree with orionsgirl. My husband and I have been together for 8 years and it wasnt until he turned 30 that he really started to value his kids and I.

but you need to ask yourself... can you wait 6 years for him to get it together or not?
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 12:14 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• My husband is 24 as well and is the same way. Probably why I packed all my bags this morning and am waiting for him to come home to tell him I'm leaving.
    I love him and I know he loves me and loves our son but until he can grow up and act like a father and husband rather than the boy I dated in high school, I can't be with him.
    Talk to him about it and see if things improve. If they don't, take a look and decide how much you're willing to put up with and figure out what direction you want your life to go.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 1:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2010