My Constipated 7 month old

My little girl has been screaming with pain for the past 2 hours. The doctor still hasn't called back and shes in a lot of pain. Its practically stuck in her butt I tried, but it went back up. Any suggestions?

cantwait071909

Asked by cantwait071909 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• glycerin suppositories. also try giving her apple/prune juice to drink.
    Anonymous

• You could try putting her in a squatting positon if she starts to try to go. If you have been giving her any milk products or iron fortified cereal that could be doing it.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i give my kids epsom salt baths it helps alot and helps them to go like a laxitive but with out puting stuff in them!! good luck mama hope she feels better
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My pediatrician said to make a paste with water and baking soda and then use a q-tip to rub it on the rectum. The baking soda relaxes the anal muscles. Then give a warm bath to further encourage the relaxation. My DD usually ended up pooping in the tub when I did this. If this continues after the baking soda and bath, I would go to the ER. With her only being 7 months and then you say she's screaming, you need to make sure something more serious isn't going on.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2010