How does this work?

Just a question but I saw a family at the grocery store using WIC last night.. for food only, not formula or anything, that's fine, I understand needing help.. but I was bringing my son to his daycare center and saw these same people bringing their infant ( 6 months or so? ) there... Now, we work our butts off to put our son in part time for $600 because right now, that's all we can afford and this is the best Center in the state.. So, how is it that a couple who needs assistance can put their child in full time yet which for an infant would be $1000 a month, need assistance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OP: I understand that but if they both don't make enough to live in their means, then the state pays enough for $1000 a month in daycare? I understand needing help with food or care, I really don't mind PA. But it doesn't makes sense to me I guess more in the Price factor. I don't know anyone in a home daycare and the couple I went to I didn't feel safe bringing my son to, so we felt like we had to pay extra for a daycare center.. But it is 2 times the cost of a home daycare... that I guess Is more my question...
    Anonymous

• They might get assistance for care.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Because both there jobs may not pay well and need the help to live. I know if I went to to work full time. I would only bring home $50 a month. So we would have to go on assistants too. But I choose to take in a couple of kids in my home. Which is not for every one.
    Anonymous

• PA is paying for it probably.

Answer by louise2 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• maybe they use their paychecks for the daycare and then need help for food ?
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Who cares?
    Anonymous

• OP: I CARE... or I wouldn't have asked the question.. ?!~ Hello..
    Anonymous