Would you buy Barbies for your kids that are dressed like hookers?

I was at wal mart today and half of them don't have a whole shirt and it looks like they are wearing tube tops for skirts. What happened?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope, no hooker toys for my kids.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i don't buy barbies period.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I went to Big Lots and bought some dresses for DD's barbies, as some of the originals have gone missing. They're so skimpy, I told DD they were their nightgowns.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• do you even know what you're saying...you're implying by this that every woman with a perfect figure who likes to show it off looks like a hooker...we are all sexual beings so why be afraid of our bodies...there is nothing wrong with what barbies wear
    Anonymous

• almost every barbie that my daughter has -- and almost every barbie that I remember having dress the same way..I still buyt hem, she changes their outfits all the time anyways...sometimes even makes their dresses out of washrags or whatever she finds....I dont think my daughter is suddenly going to want to dress in a "tube top skirt" ..or a washrag lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• LOL..most them them are dressed like hookers. But...I guess I would buy them anyway just cause they are Barbie,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Nope.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• yes i would when she is older. she is only 1 years old so i have some time. but i had barbies when i was little. so i would buy them for her.
    KandJmommy124

Answer by KandJmommy124 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• It doesn't bother me. Like a pp said, it's not like my daughter is going to start dressing like that because of a Barbie. Heck, most of the time, the Barbies my children play with end up naked. I don't freak out about that either.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I don't allow my kids to dress like hookers. I certainly would not reward them for doing so by buying them a Barbie.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 1:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2010