I need advice, quick!

So... I just got shot down for the 4th promotion where I work and I've decided it is time to go. I love what I do, but only work 2 days a week, and don't make nearly enough to support my family. I graduate from college in May and will be going to law school int he fall of 2011 (so a year and a half). I had an interview at the end of last year through a different organization and they LOVED me and would have hired me, except I was supposed to be taking an internship this summer, and being a branch manager for that company would have conflicted time-wise. They told me if anything changed with it to call them because they would love to have me.

I didn't get the internship, and they are still hiring for that specific position (or are hiring again). I want to call... but what do I say? I have never been in a place like this before; I don't know how to phrase the question right, and am not sure if I should call the manager.

OmbreGracieuse

Asked by OmbreGracieuse at 12:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• I was actually offered the job by the regional manager which is how I knew it was open. I feel like I should definitely call her, but my issue is how to say what I want to which is that I am still interested in the position, that the internship is no longer an issue, and if they are willing to consider-- hopefully an interview. I don't want to seem TOO forward, but I also don't want to seem desperate.
    OmbreGracieuse

Answer by OmbreGracieuse at 12:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i think i would just let them know that your plans have changed and that you won't be doing the internship and was wondering if you could be looked at again for the positon you want. Don't let them know you didn't get the internship, and don't lie either but saying you won't be doing it should be enough of an answer for them, and see if you would reconsider you for the job. Hope this helps, and don't be so nervous. They don't typically say that type of thing if they don't mean it.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 1:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• She wasn't in, so I left a message which could turn out to be a good or a bad thing. :)

It pretty much just said who I was, reminded her that I had interviewed, explained my plans with the internship had changed, and I was just wondering if I was still considered eligible to turn in another application and hopefully have an interview. ;)

Wish me luck!! :D
    OmbreGracieuse

Answer by OmbreGracieuse at 1:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Good luck, hope it turns out well.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 10:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2010