Should babies born in the summer still be swaddled?

My first child was a winter baby so of course we swaddled her all the time. Im just wondering if summer babies need to be swaddled as much as winter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They can be swaddled in light blankets with just a diaper on. Keep in mind that overheating is a SIDS risk. You want to dress baby in about the same kind of clothes you have on.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I swaddled my summer babies because they liked it. Lightweight blankets of course, but they liked the "close" feeling of the swaddle.

Answer by missanc at 12:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• As long as they don't overheat, I don't see a problem with it. It's a comfortable feeling for all babies to be tightly snuggled.
    Anonymous

• yes they like the tightness its like being in the womb...in a light blanky of course
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Mine were. Try a diaper and possibly a short-sleeve onesie (depending on how you keep your home air conditioned) and a Miracle Blanket.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• yeah, my summer babies liked to be in a onesie and swaddled in a recieving blanket (the thin ones you can use as burp cloths)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My DS is a summer baby and he is still swaddled. At first he was in a receiving blanket and diaper. Then as it started to get cooler we put footie pjs on him and used the swaddle me blanket (fleece) and sometimes used the halo sleep sack swaddler. Now that it's really cold we do the same and cover him with another fleece blanket. He's almost 9 months now.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Yes. Keep your house at a reasonable temperature and swaddle your baby in a light blanket.
    Anonymous

• We swaddled my daughter in a blanket that is similar to a receiving blanket. Very lightweight.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I swaddled all our summer babies in light blankets and onsies. It has more to do with the closeness of being wrapped up than it has to do with the warmth factor.
    MommaLyon

Answer by MommaLyon at 5:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2010