what do you think would help with postal service?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• We were just talking about this last night. We think that they should stop deliveries on Tuesdays and Saturdays but keep the post offices open till like 1 or 2 in the afternoon on Saturdays just for people that work during the week that need to take care of stuff at the post office.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Part of the problem is the fact that the employees are unionized. That used to be a good thing but now it's ridiculous. At this point they might as well just do away with it. The service is lousy, the prices are way too high and eveyrthing can be done by email, phone and using FedEx or UPS for deliveries.
    Anonymous

• Someone was stealing checks from the big blue mailboxes in AZ with that super sticky mouse trap cardboard. They are fixing all the milkboxes so that can't happen because of one person that they caught.

They tell everyone on the news that you can steal mail this way. Now I am telling you if you want to live a life of crime.

Now they are wasting money on fixing all the mailboxes! I feel so much safer.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• They need to downsize. They also need to rework how mail is handled. If I mail something that is to be delivered in the same town, it shouldn't have to travel 300 miles to be processed and sent back. I should be able to put an internatiional package with my other packages. I am able to print the postage online and my mailman picks up the packages. Having to make a special trip to the PO and wait in line for 20 minutes to hand them a package is not efficient for me or them.

I use them for my business and I am mostly pleased with the service they offer, I get my boxes free and the price is comparable or less than FedEx/UPS.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:02 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• paycuts
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• They sent out a survey in my area asking which days we see less mail personally, or would be okay not recieving mail. They were thinking about phasing out one day of the week. As long as its not Monday or Friday I think having an extra day off would be nice.
    Anonymous

• Wow people, none of you have a non-union spouse working for the USPS do you?! Or any other family members?! You have no idea how the postal service works, you just ASSume stuff! This is the most rediculous post I've seen in a while. You really want to know what would help? People actually using it, and not abusing it. Sending mail intead of paying bills online. Sending packages properly instead of lying about what they are to pay less. All the baloney that you think helps you, hurts the post office, making everything seem worse for you with the PO. Remember how it was in 1970, 1980, even 1990? Go back to how you used the postal service then, and things will be so much better with and for the USPS! Want to know more? Ask me, I dare you - I'll tell you the truth of how it is!
    Anonymous

• well better service would encourage more people to use it instead of ups or fedex. the usps is sooooooo slow and expensive. they could cut out mail on sat. i never saw the point in that anyway
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Anon....things CHANGE...all around and everyday. People that once held a job are let go because that job is no longer NEEDED. It Sucks. Its Life. For FREE and INSTANTLY I can pay my bills online. What incentive is there for me to change that I should PAY to drop it in a mailbox for it to maybe or mayb not get there in 3 to 5 days? I am sorry you have family in this industry that Will be adversely affected...they slow down road building my hubby doesnt work. They streamlined Auto making...they downsized the PEOPLE. You act like this is the ONLY place where people are getting laid off and having cut backs. Maybe you need to come out of your bubble and realize its going on EVERYWHERE.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I personally have absolutely no problems with the USPS!
    An extra day off a week for the workers would be great IMO.
    and post offices where I'm at are open partial days on Saturdays.

My only complaint is the little old people that don't seem to understand what a line is and just walk up and try to talk to each employee then the old person gets mad when they are told to get in line because there are 10 of us waiting already. LOL that was fun today. But that's the stupid old people's fault NOT the USPS's
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2010