Croup

My 1 year old has it and is thankfully almost over it. However, he gave his nastiness to me and I am terribly sick. His doctor told me how to deal with it (basically, suck it up because it's painful & sucks) but she didn't tell me how long I could expect to be sick. This is day 3 and I'm so sick DH stayed home to care for the baby. Does anyone have experience with this? I'm so sick of being sick.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Health

• doctorI hope you feel better just get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Both my boys have had croup a million times (at least it feels like that). Regular cough medicine will not help and it can take weeks before they stop coughing if they don't get the steriod medicine for croup. I've learned to give it as soon as symptoms start to "get away" with just a few doses. I've picked up croup too but have never had it really bad. None of us has had fever with croup. Some people say it helps to sit in a steamy bathroom but I'm not sure.
    prmaria

Answer by prmaria at 2:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2010