For you young moms out there

Do you YOUNG MOMS feel guilty about having childern so young in life? After all, many young moms are not stable, are not financially secure, and do not have the maturity to deal with life's issues as they come up in everyday situations. Do you not realize how this might emotionally, mentally and physically scar your children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Drama!!
    Anonymous

• Kuddos!!! Sooooo sick and tired of young moms bashing older moms! Way to go!!!!
    Anonymous

• I think that it depends. Many young moms are stable, are financially secure and are mature.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 1:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• No, I do not feel guilty.

I have siblings and friends who waited until later in life to have their broods, and their children have experienced the same things in life as mine. Moving, changing schools, making friends, etc. Being young does not make you any less stable than when you are in your 30's, 40's, or 50's. Being irresponsible does, and learning responsibility is unfortunately not always something that comes with age.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• blah blah my sister had her first at 16 and my niece is not scar, she is 11 now, with a cell, dsi ,ipodwii and flat screen tv in her room. my sister is now 27. and went to high school and finish. didnt go to college and yet she makes $24 per hr when my nice was younger she went to school and worked parttime. so stop judging teen moms, but yes my niece is very scar from being sooooo loved and spoil. ill show her this post so she can laugh
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I agree with pp. I think it has less to do with age, and more to do with being responsible or irresponsible.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 1:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i dont feel feel guilty i had my first at 19 second at 21. my choice. i didnt want to be an old mom. dammit i should have had them sooner lol
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• OP - that was not nice. Generalizing like that is a bit over the top. There are some OLDER moms also that have the same problems.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• well, my mom was young when she had me, she was putting herself through college, she was a single mom, working alot, we moved alot & it did suck in certain ways, but i wouldnt rather have been adopted, or whatever. i wouldnt have it any other way. of course it would of been great if my mom and dad worked out, and me and my mom were happier as a family with my dad and it was easier for my mom, but it wasnt, and its all i know, knew, and im fine with it. i love my mom and i love my life, most of the time. - now im 22 years old, and a single mom. my mom supports us financially until i graduate college. by the time my son is 3, ill be graduated college and have a career. hopefully either his father will straighten his life out, or ill meet a nice guy to make family for my son.
    but, yes, i do feel guilty. i wish i was more careful and my son would have the greatest mom he deserves. i would have more patience, he would have a
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I am young, having my second child, getting ready to graduate with my BA in Psych and will be able to support my family on my income alone. Its stressful at times but life in general is. I have done VERY well i think for my age. considering i work almost full time go to school full time am pregnant and have a 14 month old! I work my butt off to make sure my son has what he needs just like every other child. I dont ask for hand outs, the most I need is an occasional babysitter for when i go to the doc. I am truly proud of myself and dont feel guilty at all for having kids young. I dont feel like im missing out on anything either. My kids will be grown and outta the house before im over the hill, and ill be able to do as i please (God willing)....I also dont bash people who waited longer to have kids. I didnt want to wait til later....but thats just me!
    Anonymous