How do you pray?

Sometimes I can be just anywhere in my home or even out in public and I'll say a prayer with in myself but what I want to know do I really know how I have always heard when I was a child to kneel next to your bed and pray but I do it all the time anywhere and everywhere. I know God hears our every word and see's our every move. Thank you for a refresher course...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am no expert. I can be just about anywhere and pray within myself.
    Anonymous

• I pray the rosary formally, on my knees. I also pray as I go, just talking to God or saying an Our Father when I feel called to. I say a Hail Mary and ask the Virgin to pray for the suffering people when I see an ambulance, accident or fire truck. I also pray with my husband before we sleep to thank the Lord for the day. I want to do an hour of weekly adoration before the Eucharist, but that hasn't been able to fit into our schedule yet. It's a goal I'm working towards.

If you are unsure as to how to begin to pray, I'd say just start talking to God when you feel moved to. I think God sees us and hears us all the time. If you like to read the Bible, you can pray then too.

I hope that helps!
    winterrose82

Answer by winterrose82 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I don't. When I used to "believe" I would pray wherever and how ever I wanted - however I never saw the benefit from it. I think I was talking to myself or the air maybe - but if (IF) there is (was) a higher being - he (or she) wasn't listening to me. So now I don't believe in it and don't pray. Seems to work much better for me.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I talk to God in my head all the time.
    Anonymous

• you can pray any time anywhere ...... whenever you want to talk to God.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• OP here

Why do you say "Used to believe" what happened that changed your mind? Just Curious

You sound a tad bitter and that is not good :(

Anonymous

• I don't!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• God answers prayers in his own time and in his own way. I bet you pray and don't even know it. I pray in my head or out loud.
    Anonymous

• OP here

Before I became an athiest. I was raised in the church. I never even questioned anything until I went to college and grew a brain of my own. Then I realized I don't have to believe in God/Jesus/the Holy Ghost if I am not convinced. And so I just stopped trying to fool myself. I do not believe there is a God. I'm not bitter - I just do not believe.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2010