Going to the pool with a little one

My husband and DD and I are going to meet my parents at a resort that has a large indoor water park, complete with several calmer walk-in kiddy pools. My daughter will be 4 months, is this too early to introduce her to the pool/water if we stick to a very calm shallow area?

muptgirl23

Asked by muptgirl23 at 1:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would be concerned about the risk of infection. If the baby is healthy and breastfed then it may be ok on days that aren't real crowded.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My son was in the ocean at that age. Not sure if that makes a difference to you , but, yeah at 4 months he fell asleep in the little baby float. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Honestly I do not think so. Just watch water in the ears. Otherwise I believe the sooner you get them in the water the quicker they will adapt and the less fear they will have.

I hope they have a great time.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 3:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I'd be worried with such a young baby in a public pool like you describe. Those places are germ factories, unless they have tons of chlorine to kill them enough. Do you really want your 4 month old in that (they do absorb chlorine through their skin). The reality is your 4 month old won't get anything out of it, it will all be for the fun of the grownups to see the baby in the water. I'd put my 4 month old in the ocean long before I'd put them into a public pool.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2010