I am 40 weeks and 1 day today. How far have you gone over your due date?

I'm just wondering how far your doctor has let you go over your due date before they induced you or you went into labor on your own?

PrettyMomma24

Asked by PrettyMomma24 at 1:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My children were born 18, 20, and 21 days past their due dates. This was before inductions became popular. I was told by my doctor that it simply takes some women longer than others, and he said I was one of those moms. He further told me that if I had 12 children, they would likely all be carried to about the same term.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• im pretty sure nowadays they will not allow you to go a week or two past your due date because the placenta gets old and warn and doesn't act like a good filter anymore. my doc will induce at 39 weeks thank god.
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I went to 41 weeks and 1 day, so 8 days past my due date. If I didn't have my DD the day I did, the next night my doctor was going to start my induction. When she told me she was inducing me that day I told her "watch her come the day before" and she did!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• 4 days. I went to the doctor and told him I had a 4 day old person inside of me.......get it out!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My MIL went 3 weeks over her due date.
    Shlamoof

Answer by Shlamoof at 2:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My son came at the 40 week mark to the DAY! My doc was willing to let me go 2 weeks over if nec.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My oldest was 10 days past his EDD. My 2nd and 3rd were both 2 days after. My baby was 6 days after his EDD.

None of my providers had a problem with me going past 40 weeks. My first, she wanted to induce if we got to 42 weeks. The providers with my younger kids will go over 42 weeks with monitoring.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i was 42 weeks 6 days when i was induced. i had to be because when my water broke there was meconium in it.
    Anonymous

• My mom's due date for me was June 30...I came on July 18. She went into labor and they already were going to do a c-section. Either way, they just let her go. My son came two days after, so, no big deal.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Your not technically over due until you reach 42 weeks because due dates are just guesses. Your baby can come any time between 37-42 weeks.
    Anonymous