What does bashing others do for you?

I avoid bashing others because I know I won't gain anything from it and the person being bashed won't either. I only try to give advice and support. For those who bash, why do you do it? What do you gain? Do you really feel like you're on a high horse at the end of the day or is your self esteem really that low that you have to make others feel bad to make yourself feel better? (Guess I can't say I'm avoiding bashing anymore, because I'm bashing bashers!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It is probably not a good thing to call someone STUPID. I might think that but I don't SAY it. We all need to be kinder and less hurtful.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Define Bash. When I say exactly how I feel and what I think how is that bashing. If someone is being stupid, I say, you are being stupid.
    Anonymous

• I guess they do it bc they have nothing better to do and maybe in a way it makes them feel better it is weird...but you are right what do you gain? It is not like we can really see you or know you unless you post all your pictures of you and your family but still we wouldn't know only with a face...lol

Or maybe themselves are living a misserable life and can't help themselves...oh well I don't know. Good Question though :)

Anonymous

• I have always said "If you are not going to say something nice, Don't say nothing at all"

Anonymous

• I dont' gain anything from bashing which is why I try my best to avoid it. I don't think it helps a situation at all. I don't agree with what some people do, and I don't mind offering them advice but if they really don't want advice, I'm not going to push my point of view and opinions on them.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Well not a damn thing. There is however, a huge difference between bashing and giving an answer that holds an opposing view. Some women don't take any advice that is not what they wanted to hear as bashing.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i dont bash, i tell the truth based on my personal opinion, if people don't like it, oh well. People tend to baby others instead of being straight up, which is what people NEED to be, so that we don't give other a false awarness of anything that is going on.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 2:01 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Some people don't intend to "bash" when they say something. I know I've responded to questions before frankly, truthfully, honestly, all those words that mean the same thing - but did not "bash", and yet I was assumed to be "bashing" because I wasn't pansy-footing around the subject -I was stating my answer how it was - "am I pregnant?" "take a test" kind of thing. I'm not going to coddle someone asking something, I'm going to state what I know or have experienced. I know there are people who intentionally bash, but for some of us, it's a matter of our words being twisted, and it sucks. Some people need to learn to take things with a grain of salt and realize life's not all a bed of roses!
    Anonymous

• OP here...my question is for those who intentionally say harsh things, bash, not for those whose words are being twisted. There's a fine line between being honest and being rude.
    Anonymous

• Bashing is like fighting with people over the internet even if you win your still retarded. Yeah something like that.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2010