Has anyone whose had/have endometriosis went on to have a healthy child[ren] after the age of 40??

Hi Ladies!! At my dr. visit last wk. w/ the infertility specialist, I was told I have endometriosis. While he gave some hope that it was totally reversible (via a procedure called a laproscopy), my odds are still not in my favor for having another child @ my age. I'm 43 & suffered 2 miscarriages in the last 1.5 yrs. We have a beautiful 3 yr. old daughter named Lexi. Would love to give her a sibling, but I'm feeling slightly hopeless.

I need alot of support on this one....Thanx, Melanie.

Melzy41

Asked by Melzy41 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I am not yet 40, but have severe endometriosis. I have had 6 miscarriages and 2 laparoscopic procedures. With the help of our wonderful fertility doctor we have one 2 1/2 yr old daughter and are pregnant again! This was a twin pregnancy and we lost one of the babies already, but at least we're pregnant!! With the right doctor, I truly think anything is possible! I wouldn't worry about being 43, technology is wonderful now and they can get the cream of the crop egg and sperm! Good luck to you, hope this helped!
    meg613

Answer by meg613 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2010