Anybody have Paragard?

Do you like it? I had Mirena and hated it cuz it had hormones. I think Paragard is gonna be the one for me but I would like Pro's and cons of it from real women. Thank you.

jilliank1109

Asked by jilliank1109 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Health

Level 1 (-17 Credits)
  • I used it after babies 2 and 3, and just got my tubes tied after #4. I was very happy with the paraguard. My only side effect was slightly heavier periods. I did end up in the 1 in 20,000 who got pregnant on it, but I don't fault the birth control, it just happens sometimes.

I would STRONGLY recommend that you make sure whoever inserts it is experienced at it. The first was put in at Planned Parenthood and was only mildly uncomfortable. The second was put in by the CNM who had delivered my 3rd and she had only done 1 before and it was quite painful.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2010