Weight watchers at McDonalds?

JUST in New Zealand right now, but Weight Watchers is adding some of McDonalds foods to their program. Included is the filet-o-fish, chicken mcnuggets, and sweet chili chicken wrap. Seriously? None of these foods are healthy in any way, shape or form. Wonder how long it will be til this happens in the states?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,587798,00.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a4:g4:r4:c0.000000:b0:z5

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 2:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hmm...they are trying to get to moms...but, I can't lie...I love me some chicken nuggets. But Im preggo right now and want to eat everything...thats not gonna happen after I have this little stinker...lol
    moutonmom83

Answer by moutonmom83 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Weight Watcher's DOES NOT deny you food. They have ALL fast food and pre-packaged food included in their counter book. You can lose weight eating it if you stick to the points and get in the 9 healthy guidelines. They teach you how to eat in the real world around everyone. It IS NOT A DIET so to speak. It is a lifestyle. I lost weight and still had cokes, McDonalds and the like.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• BTW, they have had all those in their plan in the US for a few years now.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:20 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Lol, yes anon I most certainly do not have a problem with overeating (but will admit many people do!) I'm quite well informed on nutrition, since I have spent almost a year on a medically necessary diet low in fat and sodium (which McDonalds and all fast food is loaded in). THe average American consumes almost 5000 mg of sodium per day. The recommended limit is about 1500 mg per day. Weight watchers does NOT take sodium into account in their points systems. Fast food is not bad if it is an occasional treat, but that amount of sodium can lead to high blood pressure (which can lead to strokes), and heart disease. That was my point, weight watchers should be promoting healthy eating, not foods loaded in sodium and fat. I don't follow a diet "plan", I avoid processed foods as much as possible, don't add salt to my foods, and buy fresh, natural foods in their natural state. I know not everyone can do that though.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2010