Recreational drugs during pregnancy????

Have any of you smoked marajuana while pregnant? If so, was your child healthy?

a.mitchell09

Asked by a.mitchell09 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have not, but my mom did with me. I'm fine, but didn't take that as an excuse to be lax during my pregnancies. It's like playing russian roulette with birth defects and long term health problems, and I did everything I could to make sure that as few of those chambers were loaded as possible.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• No, but I know people who have.

1. girls sons are really petite-the 10 year old looks 4., and her 7 year old looks 2.
    2. Asma-drug attic, learning disabitity.
    3. I am sure there is more
    It is definitly russian roulette.
    Honestly hate me or not: Your baby eats what you eat, breaths what you breath.

Would you smoke pot with your kid?

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• It increases your child's risk for cognitive delays, learning disabilities, being low birth weight, being still born, and SIDS.

Also OBGYN's can and do randomly drug test you during pregnancy. If you test positive for it they will test you and you baby at the hospital. If either you or the baby test positive there they will call CPS.
    Anonymous

• no i love my kids and myself to much to poison my body. the day i found out i was preggo i knew it was no longer my body it was the baby's
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:01 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• The way a PP said it is perfect. You are playing Russian Roulette with your child's health if you partake in those kinds of behaviors. Some kids will be just fine, but that is not at all guarenteed with such pregnancies and deliveries.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 3:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2010