Anyone on Cymbalta?

So I have bad anxiety and my doc keeps putting me on different types of pills...but she keeps giving me different types of anti-depressants...only problem is im not depressed. so my question is, is there anyone on Cymbalta and if it works/any issues from being on it cause she just gave it to me today and i like to research things before taking it!!

ILovemyson1020

Asked by ILovemyson1020 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Health

• Ok, I have mild depression but also anxiety. I have been on a wide variety and they were all hit or miss. my dr. put me on Cymbalta and to tell you the truth it work the best. my dr says that he has noticed that especially in women if they are not responding real well with others like Prozac, etc. they do great on Cymbalta. I was on the highest dose 60mg. and I need to get back to the doc to down grade it to 20 mg. The only thing about this is it is expensive, there is no generic out yet and if you have no insurance like I don't talk to your doc and see if they will supply you with samples every month if this is the one for you.
    If you have anyother questions feel free to pm me.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 3:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I was on cymbalta and it worked wonders on my depression and anxiety. Make sure and take it at the same time everyday, if you don't you will get very light headed. My side effects were sweating, nasaue trouble sleeping and unusual vivid dreams. My body took about a month to get used to it and the side effects disappeared except the dreams. When and if you ever want to get off of it get help from your doc it is not easy and you will feel like a drug addict. Lower your doses little by little withdraw symptoms are not fun like brain zaps --definetley research what other people have to say about this drug before you decide.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 3:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My DH is on it and it has changed his life! And mine for that matter b/c he is back to his normal self. He has mild depression and severe anxiety. He's tried other meds but nothing compared to the Cymbalta. The only thing I worry about is that if he misses even one day, he goes into a sort of rage and has panic attacks.
    Anonymous

• thanks. im still a little hesitant...i dont want to have to rely on it. My anxiety isnt that bad to where I need to take something everyday so this sounds like something I would have to be on long term and I dont want that.
    ILovemyson1020

Answer by ILovemyson1020 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2010