the democrats grabbing for the land now too?

Hmm this president and administration focused on big government control have grabbed banks,auto industry,working on getting our health care,and they want the land too.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/mar/02/white-house-land-grab/comments/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Dems have always been somewhat supportive of land grabs. It's for the greater good.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Calling MommyLisa!!!

You said in your post yesterday (and I quote)

"What I want is the government to own a portion of the private sector in this nation, specifically a portion of the money made from the natural resources found in our country (like natural gas, wind power, and oil)."

So that means you WANT our government to start making land grabs for these natural resources, right?! And somehow this will not lead our government taking us down the path to socialism and communism?! Pfft!!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Oh wow, I'm sorry I misses that conversation. What a wack-job
    I think it is just not acceptable. I really expect to have more people flipping out on our government
    in the near future. This healthcare has got people so pissed off and wound up I can imagine
    what is going to happen when they realize what ahead.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I think this falls into the category of don't forget to watch what the OTHER hand is doing.....
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• The Federal Gov't ALREADY "owns" 1/3 of the land in all the large-sized western states. (This is not including state/county/municipality-owned lands)

And just recently Obama's Secretary of the Interior created a regulation which is making it MUCH harder for America to access any resources on public lands.

Also, there were MILLIONS of dollars in the "Stimulus" bill allocated for REMOVING roads from national parks - that's right, money to pay for breaking up the roads and removing them to prevent people from accessing them.

So ... if environmentalists are justifying all these conservation efforts in the name of preserving them for our children, then why are they ACTUALLY blocking future generations from ever going there?

I heard one theory: when the U.S. goes bankrupt, the gov't will only be able to pay China by selling land & the natural resources ON that land.

Hmmm ... this theory explains a lot.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 9:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2010