How can I get over my trust issues?

I have severe trust issues, I always have. I can't trust anyone, from a friend to family to my SO. I very commonly act as though I trust people, I usually do a great job of hiding my doubts, but on the inside it eats at me. My SO is the only one who has ever really noticed that I have self doubt, I'm incredibly insecure and I don't trust anyone, including him. I am not "crazy" and freak out, I don't dig through stuff to find out if my doubts are true, I just have the thought.. all the time.

I can't afford to go to counseling, so is there anything else I can do to help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Health

• I also do not trust too many people. I've been F-ed over many times when I was younger because I was soo trusting.  I recently deleted my facebook because I found myself checking dh friend list and did not feel good about this. I work on trusting my dh and he is so understanding because he knows I've been screwed in the past. I have created a very small group of people in my life that I love and trust. One true friend is better than 1000 acquaintances. I love cafemom because I don't have to trust anyone 100%. It's just who I am.

writeon

Answer by writeon at 2:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• You have a SO. That means you have some trust.

There is free or reduced fee counseling everywhere. If you go to the public library they should have a list of community services. On the list there should be something for mental health.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I am certain that you can find a therapist with an income-based sliding scale. If you are in the Chicago-metro area, call 847-733-4300

Answer by rkoloms at 3:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2010