Anyone ever have a custody battle for your autistic child?

http://www.hopeforbraden.webs.com

The whole story is at the web-site. I am desperate for help and advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope. My husband and I are in this for the long haul! Both of our children have autism and if anything, their diagnosis and needs have made us even STRONGER as a couple and parents. My husband is my rock, and I am his. We don't have family near us either, and I was a SAHM for 8 years until my younger son started full day school this year. We have not used home therapists (TSS) and we never use babysitters--just my MIL once in a blue moon.

We feel we waited to have children (we were 33 and 38 when we became parents for the first time), and we were going to give it our all and not "bail" because we hit a few "snags" along the way! It's definitely not easy--but what part of parenting is?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2010