Do you take carseat advice from carseat wacko moms?

The moms that still carseat there preteen. The ones that have there 4 years olds still rear-facing. There 7 year old still harnessed. Do you think they are so over the top with there i'm right cause I go longer that they cant offer good advice to moms trying to pick a good carseat out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• nope, I don't listen to them.

I obey the laws and what I feel is safest for my child.

Anonymous

• First of all, there, they're and their all have different meanings. If you aren't smart enough to know the difference between them, you're not smart enough to judge a parent who is "wacko" about car seats.

Do I listen to them? Somewhat. I absorb what they say, just as I do with any other answers I get to my questions, and make my own decisions.

Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I do what I feel is safest for my child, and what the law says...so nope, I don't listen to them...they annoy the crap outta me! lol
    Anonymous

• uh oh! the grammar-nazi is here!
    Anonymous

• 4 year old still rear facing?? That is crazy.. My 8 year old just wears a seat belt and my five year old uses a booster..My car has air bags all around and is known for safety so I feel they are as safe as they can be..Some people are just paranoid..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 2:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• grammer nazi's are just as bad as carseat wacko's.
    Anonymous

• Of course then there's the teenagers in carseats who still breastfeed
    Anonymous

• oh sorry grammar* wouldn't want to get a spanking for that error
    Anonymous

• I think you need to just pay attention to your state laws about car seats and booster seats. I only listen to experts.And the law.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i know some people who have their 7 year olds in harness' or booster things, as well as some who keep their "older"child rear facing. they do this because of the laws and recommended height/weight manufacturer's guidelines. i think most of these people are just trying to obey the law and keep their child safe. i dont take advice from anyone. no one gives it either. i also dont judge good parents who are choosing to keep their child in a carseat of any type in any way... they are trying to protect them.
    Anonymous