How soon after you found out you were pregnant did you see your OB?

How long do you think its safe to wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With both of my pregnancies I was told if you were fairly confident on when you conceived they want to set your appointment at around 12 weeks. If you are completely clueless they will schedule you in right away just to be safe. Of course you can schedule it sooner your just looking at an additional appointment or two overall.
    MaxLover

Answer by MaxLover at 3:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I had my first appointment yesterday, and I was 14 weeks and 3 days. With my first, I was 22ish weeks.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 3:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i was 8 wks with both
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i was 7 weeks with my daughter and 12 weeks with my son.
    KandJmommy124

Answer by KandJmommy124 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I should mention that I was very healthy with my first and I am not a risky pregnancy, either. I'm young, no genetic problems in the family history, no history of miscarriage, etc.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 3:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Wait only as long as you're comfortable,. I mean yes there is a waiting period so to speak, but I was told to wait til 12 weeks this time and pushed only to find out I'm expecting twins. Your body and your mind know whats right more than any doctor. From what I remember I was about 11 weeks before I saw mine with my youngest, but was normal and healthy and nothing felt off. Most docs will wait till around 12 weeks though to ensure that you are past risk of miscarriage. If you feel uneasy dont be afraid to ask to get in with one sooner, its all about you and what you need to be comfortable :)

Just my opinion though , to each their own :)
    Anonymous

• I waited 4 days. I wanted to know for sure that I was pregnant, and I wanted immediate prenatal care (folic acid, prenatal vitamins, etc). Plus, I was a high-risk pregnancy, and had to be monitored closely.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I was 5 weeks along when I found out I was pregnant.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i was about 12 weeks when i first saw my midwife with my first child.
    with this pregnancy, my second, i was about 9 weeks for my first appointment.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• With my DD i was 8 week's with my DS i was 12 week's and with this one i'm only 4 or 5 week's but because i have a short cervix i'm going march 12th so i'm high risk and may need my cervix stiched closed but more then likely i won't have to have that done
    bonniemommy100

Answer by bonniemommy100 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2010