39 will be 40!! in a couple of months...

DH wants a baby, does anyone know the risks of being prego at 40 years old?? had a miscarage 2 years ago,but I'm in very good health, just not sure what to do here ...I'll love to have a child in my life. Thanx for listening!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Health

• My Auntie had four kids after turning 40. The youngest was born when she was 46. They are all healthy adults with children of their own. I know there are health risks, but I think if you want another baby and are in good health, go for it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:20 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i just turned 40 and will be having my 5th child this may. the statistics are changing. i believe this is because the number of women having children later is changing. it used to be considered high risk to be pregnant at age 30! now at 40, it depends on the dr., weather or not they would consider this high risk. i have had one preemie, and one set of twins, and am 40 and am not considered high risk.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I've heard 40 is the new 30!!

goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 4, 2010