television

Do you let your LO's watch TV?...or, do you watch TV when your LO is in the room?
If so, how old are they and when did this start?

Munchkin09

Asked by Munchkin09 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had tv on either kids shows or what I watch from birth. LOL He never really sat and watched until older. He is 14 and still isn't the biggest tv watcher. He loves movies.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I will watch my own tv shows when I am nursing the baby in the evening (now 8 mos old). Sometimes she will be in the room playing when my older kids (8&9yrs) watch a show, but they only watch a few hours a week at the most. All of the research shows the less TV the better, the AAP says no tv until 2yrs old. I do not plan on putting any tv on for her until she is at least 2, and even then it will be very limited dvds.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• no i dont watch any tele in front of my kids no matter what their age.. there is too much crap shown on tele these days.. sometimes we have the news or some sports on when my older one is around (5 years) of course he does love to watch animal planet discovery nat geographic which we allow him to whenever he wants. he watches some movies once in a way.. but they are movies meant for kids
    happymum2010

Answer by happymum2010 at 8:33 AM on Mar. 4, 2010