Anemia during pregnancy?

How many of you have had to deal with this? I hear it is common. I am 29 weeks and was just told last week I am anemic, which makes sense. So I was told to take an iron supplement along with my prenatal vitamin I was already taking, and now I am having to take a fiber supplement (FiberChoice chewable, not yummy) also becuase we all know what that extra iron causes and my diet is apparently not providing enough of that either. Is there anything else I should be watching out for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Anemia is very common because of the extra production of blood for that baby in your belly. You created a lot of extra blood. And I liked the Fiber One orange chewables when I was having constipation problems.

Watch out for not having enough calcium in your diet. You need a bunch extra because that baby is leeching it out of you to help create its bones and teeth. So your bones and teeth will suffer. Leafy greens (spinach and kale and the like) are a great source of calcium and of fiber.
    Anonymous