who has a husband ignores her when he comes home from work

my husband ignores me sometimes ,sometimes comes home straigt to the tv i turn off the tv to let him listen to me but he gets mad at me end up going to sleep whenever he does that i end up crying plz i need advice what can i do to let him listen or look at me to talk to me i know he is stress from work but how can i deal with it?

ranay375

Asked by ranay375 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Give him like 30 min cool down period....He just came home from work...a whole set of stress/problems and then we as women, like to download on our husbands. Give him that time. Read Dr. Laura's book "The proper care and feeding of a husband" It's an excellent book...and not as demeaning as it sounds! lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:01 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• thanx sandypops but i give him in hour to cool down but if he is all cool down when he finishes watching tv and then he goes to bed why is that ?
    ranay375

Answer by ranay375 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• bc men are assholes. my dh is the same way. and no... i dont "download" onto him. he comes in, gives me a routine kiss. changes his clothes. sits on the couch and eats dinner. then goes to bed. when he wants to have sex he'll either stay awake until i lay down or if im already in bed he'll come over and cuddle me. im so over it. right now im ignoring him. it is actually working. as childish as it is. but instead of acting upset (bc i am) ive been acting like i dont care. and he has started noticing me.
    Anonymous

• thanx ladies thats helpful give me more advice plz lol?
    ranay375

Answer by ranay375 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My husband does not ignore me when he comes home - even on his worse days. However, I think he is trying really had to be a good husband because I think he did ignore his first wife when he'd come home stressed. He'd say hello and then go in the study to be on his computer and be alone. It was one of the many things that I think wore down his marriage. So he is very different now. But I'm very different from his ex wife too. I think she was always angry at him. So in part, she was part of his stress.
    Anonymous

• Really you need to give the man space. The last thing he wants to do is come home and listen to you. And that isn't me being mean to you. Men are different than us. Give him like 30 minutes and then try talking.
    I say HI to my husband when he gets home get a kiss and he sits in his recliner, turns tv on, and I cook dinner. Give him dinner, he showers then its all about me.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• The first mistake you will make is kissing his ass by putting on slutty clothes, having the kids in bed so he doesn't have to deal with them (if he wants this he is not just a neglectful husband but father too), and serving him supper while he watches tv and ignores you for a couple of hours until he feels like you're worthy of his time finally. While it is okay to let him shower and detress in there by himself, he needs to eat at the table like an adult with a family and realize you are not the nanny and maid. Just tell him how you feel. He is not doing you a favor by you being able to stay home. Staying home is a job too, a 24 hour never ending job, and his bringing in a paycheck is not a miracle. It's his responsibility and does not give him a free pass to be a jerk.
    Anonymous

• Gosh, this is sad. I can't get my fiance to shut up when he gets home from work. I have to get off the computer and give him my attention or he gets upset and feels like I don't want to talk to him. I would tell him how you feel and see if that helps.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• WOW, maybe he just wants to relax a little before you jump down his throat.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

Probably because he just worked all day and hes tired.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2010