Husband and breastfeeding?

Does anyone else have a husband/significant other that was excited that you decided to breastfeed because he got to play with milk boobs? My husband thought it was great. He enjoyed "milking" me when I got engorged and my daughter couldn't eat. I've heard a lot of sad stories about men being upset about the woman breast feeding for "too long" because he wanted her breasts back, but my husband seemed the exact opposite. He was like a kid with a new toy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband was extremely supportive of my breastfeeding. He even pumped my breasts while I was in a coma so I would have an adequate supply for our daughter. I also think it's very sad when the husband doesn't support what is best for his child.

MalhotraFamily

Answer by MalhotraFamily at 4:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My husband was freaked out by my milk, but he never once complained about me breastfeeding. Some men do find lactating women really hot. :)
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 4:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My husband loved milk boobs! I agree with the new toy thing ;)
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My husband was very supportive of my nursing, which was good because I wasn't 100% sold on doing it. With his support I nursed for 13 months. My son never really had formula at all except when I was in the hospital to have my appendix out. I had a CAT scan so the doc said not to nurse for 48 hours and do a pump and dump. I was worried my supply would drop, but it didn't so we just kept plugging away.

As far as him getting to "play with milk boobs" that didn't happen with us. I was so tender at first that I wouldn't let him near them!!! I didn't even want to dry them with a towel they were so sore. It got better of course, but it was old news by then.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• He milks you, that is gross..
    Anonymous

• He doesn't seem "turned on" by it so much asaffell, but really seriously like a little kid. I mean giggly, and amused and intrigued. He was all sorts of shocked and awed when he found out that the milk doesn't have just one hole to come out of like with a cow.
    Anonymous

• My husband thought they were great, too. He said they were like his own personal squirt guns. He even squirted my poor bird with them one night when he was helping me express milk. I felt sorry for my poor, sticky bird.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 4:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My husband loves it when I am breastfeeding because I'm at least a cup size bigger than when I'm not.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

Ha. That was my DH too. He was like, "Wow, it's a shower head not a faucet!"
    riotgrrl

• My ex husband didn't like them. In fact, he stopped having sex with me for a year after I had my son until I got my body back. He never said anything bad but I could tell he didn't find me attractive anymore.

My fiance however thinks pregnancy is sexy so I am sure that after we get married and have children, that he will feel like your ladies husbands did:) I hope, lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2010