Would you watch a birth video?

I don't know why any woman would want to watch a birth video as part of a prenatal care program promoted by hospitals. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes i would and i wont go anon cause theres nothing to be ashamed of,its a beautiful experience,and even tho its not my child its wonderful to see a child be born.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• why not?

If someone finds birth disgusting, they shouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place!
    Anonymous

• yes I would watch, i would love to see the miracle of baby being born.
    Anonymous

• i agree with the first poster...ppl watch porn and I think that is beyond nasty
    Anonymous

• I didnt and I kind of wish I had. when I delivered my first baby at 27 I had never seen a new born baby. hubby and I were totally grossed out. we had only see babies after they were a couple month old... fat, clean, cute. A new born baby right out of the birth canal with the goo all over the cone head and scrawney scared the hell out of us. LOL... I thought I had delivered ET
    Anonymous

• Yes I would and did too. I think it is a great tool for preparing woman for what happens during childbirth. I think it is empowering women to educate themselves about the birth process and encourages them to learn more about birth.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i don't really get the question either. i love to watch birth videos. mostly i love to watch natural birth videos. i watched them a lot in my first pregnancy and have watched them from time to time now in my 2nd pregnancy. i think birth is awesome
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I have seen them. Why not. You should be fully informed of what is happening and what will and could happen. I think they should watch them in schools. My cut back on some stuff.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• *might not my
    BradenIsMySon

• I did watch one of those videos as part of the prenatal program. What's the big deal? It's just a baby being born. I let a student be there when they were checking to see if my membranes were actually ruptured. It's just a learning process.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 4:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2010