How do I cope with my son who is incarcerated in a very Tough prison in Texas,he just wrote to say he was in his second fight in a couple of months and this time he was injured pretty bad???

My heart is breaking and I am afraid to cry for fear that I will never stop! Someone tell me how to handle this hurt for my son?

michaelsmom1974

Asked by michaelsmom1974 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• He is in there for a reason,i understand your concern as a parent but what about the feelings for who he did wrong.
    He can depending ask for a transfer,may work however he may need to stay it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Sep. 18, 2008

• Cry. Go ahead and cry. Youre not doing yourself any good by keeping all your emotions bottled in. Kick, scream, cry and get it out. Seriously. Your son is obviously in a very tough situation and as a mother, you feel for him. Especially when he is telling you of the trouble he is finding in there. I'm sure we all would feel the same way you feel: helpless. All I can say is give your son positive reinforcement and remind him that there are people who love him waiting for him. Give him something to look forward to when he gets out. Give him a reason to do his best to stay out of trouble. Prison is a whole different world. Stay strong and I hope your son stays safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2008

• I agree with the first poster & must add he needs to learn to have a reason to stay out of trouble once he is on the outside,hopefully this experience will be a lesson learned.
    Love him but do not enable him.
    Wish him health & success as well as you & those he did wrong..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2008

• Im sorry but If I had a son who was in prison and I could not controll any thing that went on there or what happens to my son I would be a huge mess!!!! I am very sorry for your hurt and I can only imagine how it feels to have a son break the law and be put behing bars where the world there is much worse then the world out here. If you have the money or insurance then I would seek profesional help, maybe go to a tharapist every week so you can talk to someone about this and get help coping with everything. I know you must feel helpless but hopefully one day you will have your baby back in your arms. Tell him you love him everytime you talk to him, go see him when you can and tell him to hang in there, that you are always there for him. Again Im very sorry and my heard goes out to you. You will get through this.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 10:55 AM on Sep. 19, 2008