Spot on lung

My mom has emphysema. During a routine follow up,the doctor ordered a repeat chest x-ray,and a spot was detected.Has anyone had this,or known anyone who has had this and have it not be cancer? Can you get cysts in the lung? We're hoping that if a tumor is found that it will be benign of course.She smoked for 47 yrs and just quit in December.The doctor was concerned because she developed a new cough that could not be explained.I fear for the worst.Hopefully if its cancer they caught it before it spread elsewhere.

TMJ121099

Asked by TMJ121099 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Health

• Sorry to tell you but it prob is cancer just hope it is not small cell..My mother in law had non-small cell and she had to have a lobe removed from her lung and no chemo...The small sell type is very aggressive..Looks like they caught it early so Good Luck!
    Anonymous