i got denied for food stamps again!

What should i do? we dont make to much and the only reason i didnt have them last month was becase i missed my resert and the case worker never called me back to reschedual an appt. And this time ive called every three days to make sure she got everything she needed and still no call back. What should i do? theres no way i can go another month without food stamps

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• you go down to the office every day if needed until your caseworker sees you.
    Anonymous

• it's not the caseworker's job to hunt you down for your apt.
    Anonymous

• well for now get the basics get rice,beansand bread so you have the min and your babies dont starve
    Anonymous

• Contact a Supervisor if someone at the Food Stamp office is dropping the ball.
    Anonymous

• contact a food bank for now because no one can help you get food stamps other than your caseworker. I have been denied so many times and I had my son when i was 16. i am 21 now and still am being denied.
    good luck!

check out food banks! they are awesome
    ILoveMuffins62

Answer by ILoveMuffins62 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• If you don't quaIlfy then you don't. I'm sorry. Look for a 2nd job or pick up hours at work. You also need to look thru your bills and get rid of things that are unneeded, IE internet, cell phone OR house phone ( you only really need one), cable, ect. When you need food that is what you have to do. You need to rethink your priorites. You don't NEED foodstamps. You NEED to redo your money management. There are MANY who don't much and still don't quailfy for foodstamps and still get by just fine. Yes it can be rough but when you need to feed your family you will do what it takes.
    Oh and I agree it is NOT the caseworkers job to hunt you down.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i went up there several times and they said for me to call my case worker. I have been down there several times to see my case worker and all 12 times they told me that i will have to call and i cant see my case worker without an appt. there is no reason why i should denied! I can garrentee you that my son has plenty of food im the one going without not him!
    olan8809

Answer by olan8809 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• There's obviously a reason. We qualify in every way but one - DH has an IRA from a previous job, which is an automatic disqualification, even though our income is practically nil. So there's got to be something on your application giving your state reason to deny you - and yes, it's the state, not your caseworker, who approves or denies an app.
    Anonymous

• i cant work right now.....i have sever back problems were i cant move 90% of the time and i dont have anythingbut home phone, rent 650.00month gas /electric and car insurance a month. and i have been calling my case work several times a month trying to reschedual like i was told to do every time i went into the office but no csall back. ive been calling like crazy!
    Anonymous

• See if there an Angel Food Ministries near you.

Anonymous