ugh... potty training... again....

so my 2 older boys (6 and 4) were easy to potty train. I had them fully trained soon after their 2nd bdays. now I have a 2 1/2 yr old who refuses to go potty. i think i know why- yesterday while i was putting a pull up on him i told him u should be wearing undies by now! u r a big boy! and he says to me- no Im a baby like ewik! (erik is my 8 month old son but he calls him ewik lol too cute) but anyways, i think he is having some jealousy issues- should i just leave him be and let him get over it himself or should i press harder? i have no clue what to do in this situation. neither of my older boys had these issues with jealousy (not like this at least) so this is new for me. Any ideas? thanks!

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Let him go at his own pace. When he's ready, he'll get it. The more you push, the more likey you are to turn bathroom time into something that he may see as something bad. All kids progress differently. My ss wasnt trained til he was 4(she didnt try very hard to help him along though). And remember, most boys potty train late, usually closer to their 3rd bdays. And bless you with 4 boys. I have 3 and a girl. 3 is more than enough!
    Anonymous