will you leave the past alone or hunts you until ur life is over PLZ HELP!!!!

I AM RIGHT NOW 20 YEARS OLD NOW BUT I CANT LEAVE THE PAST ALONE BECAUSE WHEN I WAS 14 I WAS RAPE BY A FAMILY FRIEND HE WAS 25 YEARS OLD I WAS AFRAID OF TO REPORT HIM UNTIL THIS DAY IT STILL HUNTS ME WHEN I THINK OF THE OLD DAYS I AM MARRIED TO NICE GUY NOW BUT I HAVE THE SAME FEELING LIKE THE GUY WHO RAPE ME WHEN I WAS 14 BUT I HAVE A FEELING I HATE MAN NOW PLZ HELP!!!!!

ranay375

Asked by ranay375 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• honey, you need to go talk to someone.. you shouldn't punish yourself by feeling like this forever.. I am so sorry
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• You need to report it. You are endangering others with your silence.

Did you see the crap about Chelsea King?? What if the 22 yr old in December had never reported anything... if they had not gotten DNA. That horrid man would be out to rape and kill again. Chelsea wouldnt be his last victum.

You have an obligation to ALL of society to report this crime. Only after you impower YOURSELF and do what is RIGHT will you be able to put the past in the past.

(((hugs.... be strong.... do what is RIGHT))
    Anonymous

• I know how you feel.
    At the very least, you need some counseling. Google support groups or counselors/theraposts in your area...sometimes they are even free.
    Anonymous

• *therapists
    Anonymous

• You are not alone and that feeling is normal. I was molested by my 32 year old uncle when I was 7yrs old and then later when I was 15 by a different uncle who was 29 at the time. It will always hurt a tad, but here is what I did to help me get over it. I stood in front of a mirror and looked myself in the eye and said outloud "Uncle Joe, I forgive you for molesting me". After I said this out loud (was very hard to say) I felt a weight being lifted from my shoulders. I also did counseling and that helped me a lot. Of course I waited until it was too late and ended up in a psych ward for four days because I tried to kill myself, but please don't let this be your case. Please go talk to someone. I never did when I should have because I was weird about going to counseling but my counselor was great and gave me great things to think of and strategies to help me cope with what had happened. Good luck girl!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

You have an obligation to ALL of society to report this crime. Only after you impower YOURSELF and do what is RIGHT will you be able to put the past in the past

Uhhh, not everyone who has been raped or molested is in danger of hurting others. Really? She has an obligation ONLY to herself and the ones who love her to get the help she needs. Her hurt is her families hurt. No one likes to see a loved one in pain.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Please please please go talk to someone, as quick as you can. The monster who assaulted you could do it to others. Probably already has. Speaking out could save someone.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• THANX LADIES BUT I CANT REPORT HIM BECAUSE I DONT LIKE GOING COURTS AND I DONT KNOW WERE DOES HE LIVE NOW
    ranay375

Answer by ranay375 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• worriedmommy600......... SHE is not the one who will hurt others........HE is.

Anonymous

• Well I dont like doing MANY things... but does that excuse me from doing what is Right????
    Anonymous