PLEASE HELP!!

THIS MORNING MY DAUGHTER WOKE UP POOPED AND IT WAS EVERY WHERE. NOW SHE IS COMPLETELY RED AND HAS A HORRIBLE DIAPER RASH. I HAVE USED EVERY DIFFERENT BUTT CREAM I OWN AND NOTHING SEEMS TO HELP. ARE THERE ANY TRICKS I SHOULD KNOW? PLEASE HELP.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give her a bath and then let her air dry for a while.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I never used butt creams on our kids. I always use pure petrolium jelly/Vasoline. To be honest, the non-name brands are better than Vasoline brand. You change them often...give them baths and BLOT dry them after they go potty and/or after baths. SLATHER thier bottoms in vasoline and usually overnight there is a definite change in redness.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 5:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Desetin always worked for me. How old is your daughter? It is good if she can hang out without a diaper on as much as possible. A tepid bath might help her feel better.
    I have also tried this boudroughs (sp.)butt paste and it worked well to but is expensive. When she has to have a diaper on just spread it on thick
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• You may have to take her to a doctor. If a bath and diaper rash cream with zinc doesn't help then it may be a yeast rash or even a bacterial infection. My son had a diaper rash that required an antibiotic once. I was horrified and asked the dr how he got it and he just said "these things happen." Be sure to not use cornstarch at all because yeast can feed off of it and it can lead to thrush.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Wash her well. Put on some pure aloe (it is soothing and healing) and let her air dry. Nothing works better than air.

I'd avoid petroleum jeally. It petroleum based products are really bad for the skin and it doesn't let anything breathe. I'd also avoid anything that was creamy right now as it can burn terribly. It just sounds like she has a raw bottom from an acidic poop.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• We always use Aquaphore (sp) we would load it on both our kids and cover w/ Baby powder! Worked like a charm. Good luck!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I'd give her a bath and let her air out too- but have you tried desitin creme? I think it's the best!

Anonymous

• A diaper rash isn't always just gunna go away in a matter of hours. Stop putting all kinds of different creams on her. It takes time. You're gunna make it worse by freaking out. Kids get diaper rashes...it happens. She'll be fine. If it's not completely gone in a few days, it's probably a yeast infection. good luck mommaaa
    Anonymous

• Time. Give it a little time. You might want to try Triple Paste Diaper Cream. It's EXPENSIVE, but it's always cleared any rash up after the first or second application.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• coconut oil

Answer by rkoloms at 7:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2010