What would you tell your child

Your child comes to you and says they dont want to do X, Y, or Z because it is hard, or they will be embarassed, or they dont want to be in the spot light, blah blah blah.........

but it is the RIGHT thing to do.

What do you tell them????

Do you tell them Oh honey do what makes you comfortable, do what makes you happy, do what you want.......... or do you tell them to buck up and do what is right.

I have read so many stupid questions today with whiney women who dont want to hurt anyones feelings (friends, hubbys, kids, blah blah blah) they dont want to be embarassed, it is uncomfortable.

Seriously ladies... you are rasing the next generation... buck up and grow up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It depends what X Y and Z is. I will NOT force my child to ever participate in a sport if they don't want to. That's not every one's cup of tea. If it's a school project, I'll encourage and say they can do it, and MUST do it. We will do things some things in life that make us uncomfortable. I will encourage my children to meet new people, even though that too can be uncomfortable.

Anonymous

• if you mean "finish what they started" then yes i will encurage them to see it through.
    Anonymous

• We help them learn how to be better at the hard stuff. We also help them learn that the failures are the best part because that is when they learn the most. Mistakes are only failures if you never do anything about them.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• will the OP please give us a idea of what it is? if it's something like they don't want to hug or kiss a relative, then they shouldn't have to. the adult can grow up-
    Anonymous

• Ha ha ha, my first response was "Buck up camper" and tell them they just have to do it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2010