What makes a good parent??

Seriously ladies! I have seen some pretty horrible questions today that involve something along these lines...
young moms=bad moms and having children out of wedlock=bad mom or financially stable=good parent??
So what do you think makes a good parent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• I dont think age, marital status, or financial status has ANYTHING to do with where your heart is. Ive seen some young unwed moms who really just dont care, they pawn their kids off, dont make sure they are safe, dont care about health. Ive also seen the same in older parents. To me- a good parent has their priorites straight. A good parent does everything they can to keep their kids safe. A good parent spends time playing with and teaching their child. And a good parent is compassionate. How old you are, or how much money you make doesnt affect ANY of those things...
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• OMG,, I had a child out of wedlock and I am a great mother. Yes I have my faults because my child didn't come with a manual. But I am a great mother. For young moms my cousin had a child at 13 and you know what she is a terrific mom, I think it depends on the person. A person makes a good parent. This is why they say don't judge a book by its cover.... Society is so judgemental and until that changes things will stay the same. I believe keeping rules, being loving, kind, caring to your children and raising them to the best of your ability is a good parent. And sorry when does baby out of wedlock cause financial problems. I have raised my daughter ALL ALONE up until this last August when her father started paying support, but she is going on 8,. So for 7 years I did it alone, home, car, insurance, all of it alone and I still do it alone. My child support goes into a savings account for her.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Unconditional love, respect, follow-through, a lot of and being able to say "sorry" if you as the grown-up makes a mistake.
    Anonymous

• marraige out of wedlock makes a bad mother.. Wow.. thats just ignorant. I was young, unmarried and all of the above when I had my first child. But I did everything in my power for him. I stayed in school because I knew I needed to set a great example. I graduated as a Texas Scholar and in the top percentile of my class.

What makes a great parent is Love, undying, unconditional love. listening to you child(ren), respect and as anon 5:37 said... knowing when to say sorry.
    Anonymous