Keeping well hydrated

What's the best way to keep well hydrated? I'm 15 weeks along, and there is only so much water I can drink. I don't do caffeine, so that doesn't cut into my hydration. I drink at least 32 oz of water per day, yet by the time I'm ready for bed, I still feel the ickies of dehydration. I can't really drink much more than what I do because even at this point in the pregnancy, I'm having trouble with being able to eat enough without having all the water in my stomach in the first place. I try to do small meals throughout the day, but it's hard to do, and I still have trouble eating enough and drinking enough.

So, what did you do to keep your hydration up without your stomach being full of water all the time to the point that you just can't eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• eat more fruit and vegetables.
    Anonymous

• i put the water bottles on the counter and just drank them till they were gone. you could do the same thing with pictures of water as well, then you could put a slice or two of lemon or lime in them. you really need the water, as you can feel at the end of the day. maybe each week, add a bit more.
    good luck and congrats!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• LOL ;) you can't drink a PICTURE of water... but you can drink a PITCHER of water

PICTURES won't keep you hydrated at all!
    Anonymous

• happy2bmom25, the problem is that I can't drink any more water because I already am having appetite problems because I fill up with water and have no room for food. And every time I'd tried to force both water and food, I've ended up throwing up, which obviously makes things worse.
    Anonymous

• Eat foods that have water in them. Juice is good. Decaf tea if you don't want to drink the other kind.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 5:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• if you dont like the taste of plain water there are those flavor packets you can get at the store, just put those in. i really dislike plain water too.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 6:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• sorry about the mis spelling!!!!
    maybe you could try not drinking water with your meals. try eating a small meal. maybe 1 hr later, drinking a bottle of water. maybe an hour later eat a small meal...
    having many smaller meals and spacing out the water may help...
    and yes, throwing up is worse, i agree :(
    juice is not a great choice b/c there is so much sugar and no fiber, but if it helps, maybe watered down juice would work. water laden foods are a good idea, like pp's said...like melons, and fresh veggies.
    is your diet heavy in carbs? that could make a difference too.
    good luck, and don't give up!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2010