Would I be crazy to go back to school for...

Auto Mechanics?

Ok, a little history. I've loved cars and been working on my own stuff for 14 years. Mostly it's been older stuff, from 60'-90's. I've worked at auto parts stores off and on for a total of 6 years.
I went back to school in 05 for Medical billing and coding. I got a 4.0 gpa. I never found that great of a job with it because everywhere wanted 2 years experience. Plus, I really wasn't that into it. I just hoped I could find a good job if I had a diploma. Maybe it would have worked out more if the economy wasn't so bad.
I love cars and working on them but I'm afraid being a woman I won't get taken very seriously or the guys will all laugh at me behind my back. Ok, so it's not that big of deal if they laugh. The other thing is that there is a lot of heavy lifting, etc. I'm only 5'2" and 140 pounds. I'd also need full scholarships since I'm broke.
Would I be crazy to pursue this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in

• go for it :)

if it's something you love, why not get paid for it
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I think it's a great idea...go for it. It's something you love, so it wouldn't be like work, ya know.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• no going back is hard but if you want to do it you can!!!!
    Anonymous

• Not crazy. I have a bachelor's in business. I regret it. I wish I had gotten something in auto mechanics instead.
    Anonymous

• Not at all. I have an Associates in Sports Management and that is good for my job. I transfered my general requirements to a 4 year and went to get my Bachelor's.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:31 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Ugh fail....I am getting my Bachelor's in History as soon as I find the right math class :-( Prob and Stats is not my friend
    OneToughMami

Next question in
Anyone try Penn Foster???

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Keeping well hydrated