What is your opinion of those that call their pets FurKids or FurBabies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think they are a bit off in the head LOL

Anonymous

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I call my pets my furbabies...they are part of the family too.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I agree, they are a little bit "special." They are pets, not children. Ugh.
    winterrose82

Answer by winterrose82 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My bird is my baby. He's been my baby for longer than I've had a human baby. He's been part of my family for a long time.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 5:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• empty nest syndrome
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• For those that think it's weird to call pets furbabies, I believe it is how you were brought up. I grew up in a home and my parents always refered to our dogs as their babies. Now I do the same thing. I have a friend that grew up in a home without animals and thinks I'm off my wall when I call my dogs my other children!
    MeadowSweet5983

Answer by MeadowSweet5983 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• It is an insult to real kids and real babies.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:20 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I think it's creepy. Blegh. I love animals too but they are NOT my babies.
    Anonymous

• I dont like it. Makes me cringe actually. It makes me cringe more when I come across a profile on cafeMOM & all that is listed under kids are pets. They are PETS...PETS...not people...not babies...and its even more creepy & cringe-worthy when people put clothing on them. Animals do not need clothes; they dont want clothes; dont dress them like people. They are not people.
    Anonymous

• I have 5 furbabies....they're our dogs. I also refer to them as my canine kids. I take care of them JUST LIKE I take care of my children. I make sure that they go to the vet for regular checkups, they are fully immunized, they get vitamins every day and I feed them quality food & snacks (which I spend around $150 a month on). We don't put clothes on them but we take care of them and provide for them. We have ALWAYS had dogs and we have never neglected their needs. We see our commitment to the dogs (who are all rescues) the same as if we'd adopted children. Why does it matter to you how people treat their pets? Is it hurting you? BTW, my 4 children who are now 18, 19, 22 and 23 have never felt like we put our dogs ahead of them. my oldest son has 2 canine kids and he treats them the same way we treat ours....quality food & treats, regular vet care and daily vitamins & lots of attention.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Mar. 4, 2010