bankruptcy

How is it done were in over our head with medical bills and thiers no way we can keep up with it,we have constables calling us to too and were trying to make small payments but its just not enough and more keep coming. Were scrapped for work and not making it too well. We dont have credit card debt cause we dont qualify for anything because our credit is already shot to hell. We dont ever want any credit cards anyways and we've never had them in the 12 yrs I've been married.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• Do you have a written budget that you live by?
    Sometimes money slips through our hands when we don't pay attention to it. I'm not saying that's the case with you, but if you haven't already, get on a written budget and stick with it.
    Can you or your husband work a part time job to help you get out?
    Do you have anything you can sell?
    If I were you, I would check out DaveRamsey.com and see if you can't fight your way through this mess.
    I would also check out the Dave Ramsey group on cafemom. They can help you with your budget and help you get organized.
    I hope things work out well for you.
    GOOD LUCK
    Anonymous

• We tried to file twice; both times we were told that we made too much $
    Anonymous

• funny. we were told that we didn't make enough money to file BK
    Anonymous

• My understanding (im 3 months out of ch 7) is that they look at your debt vs income and other expences. Its not ever a situation where you "make too much" it may be that they dont consider your debt high enough for what you make. We had about 40k in debt and make about 95k a year. Every situation is different that iswhy you have get so many different opinions. You should set up a consultation with an attorney
    Anonymous

• I filed in 2005 before the laws changed. It was the greatest thing I have ever done financially.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Mar. 4, 2010