What's is stopping you from going to the Welfare Office?

There are people paying the rent with checks that they get from their credit cards company. They are putting all their daily expenses on that piece of plastic. If you are in need and can't not meet your expenses. What's is stopping you from going to the Welfare Office?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't go because as little as my dh and I bring in, there are people out there that need it worse than we do, but then again their are people out their who lie about their income and live off welfare anyway. 1st of all I don't qualify and if I did I probably wouldn't go anyway because the gov't has no money either cause of the ones that take advantage of it by lying. (Not being ugly to people that need it, nothing is wrong wit hyou recieving some help, I am just talking about the ones that pull in the parking lot in a $50k escalade with gold teeth, but yet claim they need medicaid and food stamps.) That pisses me off more than anything.
    vikaroo18

Answer by vikaroo18 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• pride
    Anonymous

• we don't qualify. we barely get by and don't qualify. amazing how that works huh?
    Anonymous

You could if you insist!
    Anonymous

• Nothing has stopped me from going. I get food stamps because I can't buy food. I don't get money, even though I'm not currently working. Here in Texas you have to do a class Monday through Friday to get the money and I have no way to get to the class on time with having to get one kid to school and two to daycare. If you aren't there on time they penalize you so I said forget it. I'm looking for a job but haven't been able to find one yet.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 6:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• It's horrible how people have to go without because the government thinks that you can get by on so little.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 6:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• We just barely don't qualify. We had WIC til DD turned 5. But we also don't REALLY need it like many people who don't qualify do need it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• You could if you insist!

THAT ranks as one of the funniest and ignorant things I have read on here. No honey you canNOT insist and get on them. There are SET guidelines...if you dont fall IN them you don GET them. Unless you you KNOW someone who is willing to FUDGE things for you. 

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• We are only 200 over the limit. We have no insurance and just getting by. I am behind on two cards but it doesn't matter the the only thing I would love is help with insurance but like so many who do their best who work their but off can't get the help needed. So my thought is if you can use it you qualify take what you are intitled to I would rather have someone who really needs it get it knowing that they are in need and not taking advantage of it.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 6:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• You could if you insist!

This only works in some cases such as where is a pregnant woman or a disable in the family. If you are denied you can
    APPEAL. You have 60 days to do so. Families can request for a social to interview the family or you could get assistance from legal aid a free service.
    I think it is unfair for hard working families to get more deep in debt and others abusing of the system.
    Anonymous