My 3 month old is teething bad! :(

Orajel and the tablets aren't working and he hates the binky freezer chomper thing I bought him. The only thing that seems to help is giving him tylenol and I only broke down and gave it to him last night after 6 hours of screaming. :( He's chomping on his hands and drooling sooooo much plus they'r white and swollen looking, the poor baby and his poopies are ultra yucky lately.
Any other ideas? I don't want to give him tylenol round the clock, I hate giving him medicine period, it was just a last resort last night.

marine_wife0520

Asked by marine_wife0520 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 5 month old is teething pretty good also. Try a cold wet washcloth. Even stick it in the freezer for a few minutes. But if your baby doesnt like the freezing cold just the wet wash cloth would be fine. The'll suck the water out like its going out of style. Also if you come across a thing called a feeder. Its a small mesh bag with a handel on the other side. you can put food in it and not worry about the baby choking. But with teething you can put an ice cube in the bag and let the baby suck on it. With supervision of coarse.
    Alli81

Answer by Alli81 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• DD got her 1st tooth at 4 months but with very minimal symptoms, so it doesn't surprise me he's starting this young.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I've never heard of a baby that young teething. talk to your doctor
    Anonymous

• My neice said that the Learning Curve Massaging Action Teether worked for her baby girl.  But here are some more that might be helpful  http://astore.amazon.com/www.cjkidzcom6-20?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=23

momjs

Answer by momjs at 8:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• anon :19- you're silly! Yes babies can teethe that young, some are born with teeth!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2010