I have a 5 month old, should there be nothing in his crib?

He moves around a lot and has rolled over and slept on his side and even on his stomach.

Alli81

Asked by Alli81 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he's got good head control, and can lift his head, and turn his head just fine, then it's alright. I've always had a blanket in both my kids cribs...nothing bad ever happened. My daughter's 2 and she's had a pillow and stuffed animals in her crib since she was about one. But I think you'll be fine.
    Anonymous

• I would probably remove everything. My daughter doesn't yet move in her sleep, but once she's awake she does move around. She has a lightweight blanket and one of those little lovey toys and a mobile. Once she's sitting up on her own we'll be taking the mobile out, too. Her crib has the mesh/breathable crib bumpers, too.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I thought it was safe too. I had blankets in my first babies crib since she was born.
    Then when our son was 4 months old, I had a pretty blue blanket hanging on the side of his crib for decoration. In the middle of the night, I heard a gasping noise and turned on the light; he had moved to that side of the crib and had the blanket over his face! I pulled it off and he gulped the air in and coughed.
    So no. In my opinion, it is NOT safe. What if I hadn't of woken up?
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 8:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i never have anything in the crib with them..... the mesh bumpers are great. o she has a crib toy but that is strapped to the side and she kicks it to turn it on. i think it's better to be on the safe side..... babies do some really shocking things in my experience lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I dont keep anything in the bed with him, if hes sleepin because he moves alot and we've had instances where he pulled a blanket over his face and couldnt get it off so i rather be safe and take everything out of the bed
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2010