Thinking of having my 3rd baby but nervous because of a having a micro preemie already!

I have 2 beautiful girls currently one who is 3 and the other who is 16 mo. My first pregnancy was great no complications just overall a great pregancy. But my second was a whole different story. I started bleeding for an unknown reason at week 6 of my pregnancy! Thought for sure I was having a miscarraige but turns out I wasn't, I had formed a blood clot in my uterus next to the baby which was causing the bleeding. Bleeding continued for the entire pregnancy which led to PROM aka water breaking early at 23 weeks gestation. The doctor told me that might happen to due the bleeding which it did, so I stayed in the hospital for 3 1/2 weeks then had my baby girl at 26 weeks pregnant born 2lbs 1oz 13.5 inches long. Shes great now no major problems its just were now thinking of having our 3rd and final baby coming this September but I'm just nervous and wondering if anyone had any similar stories, that would be great!

clowry27

Asked by clowry27 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• wow preemies are hard. what ddi your doctor say? was this a rare occurance? just a freak happing? or is that something that is likely to reoccure like an incompentant cervix or like me preeclampsia? im trying for our second knowing that the odds are stacked agaisnt us having a normal full term baby. i hope this helps and that you will find the awnser you are looking for, and the courage to doi it.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 9:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2010