Just Curious, any women on here Chew? Like Skoal or Copenhagen?

I started dippin to quit smoking and now I am going to have to quit chewing. I only know of one other woman who chews but that's it. No one can even tell that I do because I use pouches and it's nice because I can get my tobacco fix while at work or in class:) I know it's nasty though.

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yikes. Have you looked into electronic cigarettes?
    Anonymous

• yep, it is nasty for sure, and I'm not sure trading one kind of cancer for another is a great trade off
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Gross, no. I could never do that. My father dips Copenhagen, and the only reason he has any teeth left is because they are wired in. Its not only nasty, but its not good for your health either. Have you looked into other options?? The patch, gum...
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 6:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i did in highh school, i think it tastes good
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I know but it's cheaper and I used it to get off cigarettes because the gum and patches were more expensive than actually smoking. I'll quit chew here soon. I haven't smoked sin Jan 1st!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• LOL.... I didnt know ANYone still did that. I remember back in the early 80s when I was in high school a boy who did that. Ewwww.

Quitting smoking IS hard... good for you for trying. Got off one thing... now ya got to get off another. How about that gum that helps ya quit.

Well good luck!!!

Anonymous

• Yea, I'm in Ohio and a lot of people here chew. I know so many who do, but not a lot of people who know me know I do. Most are shocked that I chew because I'm a girl and because I don't look like the kinda girl who would. My fiance chews, a girl at work I know chews, people in school do and some of our friends. My fiance's friends got me into it and I just decided to use it to help me quit smoking. I smoked for 10yrs!! I'm so glad I quit, not I just gotta ditch this habit.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• It causes cancer ....wouldn't do it if I were you. PLUS, it looks just horrible. I have seen guys spit out of a truck when we were at a stoplight and I honestly thought I was going to throw up!!! Awful . Gross.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• No one can tell that I chew, I use small skoal pouches and I spit out my dip in a place where no one sees. I don't like people to know that I chew, and I of course know that it's unhealthy and that it causes cancer.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• No, I went to school with so many guys that did it. There were a few girls that did it too, but they were considered "redneck whores", to put it lightly. Not saying you are that or anything.

My brother went to school with a guy who did it during wrestling practice. The wrestling coach was so hardcore, he made him swallow it one time. My brother said the guy turned green and started puking his guts up. Hehehehe.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2010