Do many of you feel that smoking pot during your pregnancy is wrong?

doesn't matter if you're smoking it to ease nausea and be able to eat or just recreational. just curious how other moms feel about this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm not really sure. I think it's fine if you do it like 3-4 times your whole pregnancy but for someone who does it on a daily basis, unless it's medically prescribed...yes. i think it's wrong...and this is coming from a mom who DOES smoke pot.
    Anonymous

• I got to go with using any recreational drugs is a bad idea while you are pregnant
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I think that smoking weed period is wrong- no matter what the reason is- there is always something else you can find to help without using drugs!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 6:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I think to do ANYTHING that is illegal while a mom is simply horrid.
    Anonymous

• I do not like smoking pot, its gross and it stinks and why should i harm my baby just to make me feel better. And I'm not talking about harming my baby as a birth defect, I'm saying what if I was caught and I went to jail....I don't want to my husband to be raising our kid alone, that could cause some conflict in my relationship with him and the baby.
    QueenOfNagsHead

Answer by QueenOfNagsHead at 7:02 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Yes - it's wrong.

Answer by missanc at 8:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I am pro-legalization, and even I know this is wrong. If it were legal, sure I'd smoke it, but not while I was pregnant!
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 8:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I would rather throw up 24 hours a day than smoke pot. If you can't be tough and get through a little morning sickness, that makes you a selfish wimp. Actually I did have morning sickness almost 24 hours a day for three months. I just got through it.
    Anonymous

• um yes... it is def illegal and unhealthy for the mother so why would it possibly be safe for the baby? thats like saying smoking cigarettes is fine during pregnancy... it can cause all the same side effects...
    mommymagee

Answer by mommymagee at 8:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• The act of smoking is bad for the mother and baby. CO and CO2 are poisons that get into the mother's blood and then the baby's blood. Smoking anything is wrong.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2010