3 and half years/one baby/no ring??

we been living together for 3 years ive been hinting about a ring but i dont want to him to do anything his not ready for. im ready to spend the rest of my life with him he says he does too. but whats the hold up? we already live like we are married why not make it real.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Dont hint...... tell him flat out.
    Anonymous

• Guys are weird about buying jewelery....especially something that important. I told my SO flat out...I don't need an expensive ring, I wouldn't care if he got me a ring out of a bubble gum machine...and he did just that lol...and it was so special, and so cute...and it meant the world to me. Christmas time I'll get a real ring. But you have to talk to him about it...see where he stands, and what he's waiting for....or you could propose to him...thats what I did...kinda. Nobody got down on their knee and said, will you marry me...we were just talking one night late and i was like, i wanna marry you..and we went from there. we been together 2 years on sunday, two kids (one is mine, he came into her life when she was 4 mos, and we have a son together)....but you GOTTA talk to him...you wont get anywhere unless you do that good luck
    Anonymous

• If you want to get married, you need to just bring it up. You need to know where he stands on the issue. So you can decide what you need to do.

Answer by louise2 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• A marriage takes about 20 minutes and costs about $50; it gives you thousands of dollars of legal protections. Let him know that it is time, and if he is unwilling to get married to you, then you need to move on.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Just tell him flat out that you think it's time to get married and that you think it's time to go ring shopping.
    My husband would have never gotten me a ring if I hadn't gone with him!

just tell him flat out- guys don't get hints.
    Anonymous

• You don't need to be married to spend the rest of your life with someone. There are both advantages and disadvantages to being married. For me, there were more negatives with marriage. I became married at 35 years old and unfortunately regret it. One of the biggest negatives was financial. I inherited my husband's debt and now each year we OWE money to the IRS because together we make too much money. I used to get large refunds every year! I married mostly for the sake of church/religion and social pressures. I also did it to make him and my teenaged daughter happy. They were both extremely happy that we married, but I really didn't care. I absolutely resent that my relationship is not considered legitimate unless we have gone thru a ceremony and signed a paper. When we lived together before marriage, I felt like we were joined together in "marriage" already. I was committed. I wouldn't dwell on this if I were you.....
    Anonymous

• after 3-years you should not hint. Pick a date and say this is when we are going to get married.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• You have given him everything he'd get in a marriage with none of the commitment. Why would he want to get married? Tell him you want marriage or you are history. If he cares then he'll pony up. If not, he doesn't want to commit to you.
    Anonymous

• sorry, but I agree with anon :18. you did things backwards and now you expect him to propose, well it's been 3 yrs and to be honest it probably won't happen. You can tell him that's what you want but don't get your hopes up. If you really want a marriage then you might have to move on and this time don't do anything "marriage like" until you have a ring on your finger.
    Anonymous

• WELL, If he does not want to be MARRIED.

I ADVISE YOU TO........

Get your own checking account, and your own money.

Keep your job, if you have one.

Because, he can leave at any given time.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2010