does breast feeding make your boobs sag or shrink ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• did mine......... but I wouldnt give one day of it back.

im 42 have saggy boobs... and great kids.
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah. Before I got pregnant with my first child, my bra size was like a full B. During my pregnancy they grew to a big C, small D. Then afterwards, they went down to about a small C. Then with my second, they grew to a BIG D...like could hardly fit in D, but couldn't fit in a DD...they were BIG, especially cuz I'm small...typically 110lbs lol. And now...after having both kids, my bra size is, I'm lucky to fit into an A cup. =( And I only breastfead for 2 months with my first, and 4 days with my second. Pregnancy itself makes your boobs sag lol. I hardly have boobs, and they sag, and hunny, I'm only 20yrs old.
    Anonymous

• Any thing that makes your boobs get bigger and then smaller makes them sag. Your skin gets stretched and then it's not stretched you tend to sag. I would rather have a little sag to my boobs then say I didn't breastfeed because I didn't want my boobs to sag.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 7:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I think pregnancy and old age may have made my breasts sag A BIT. But not breastfeeding.
    Anonymous

• Actually pregnancy, with or without breastfeeding, amoung other factors, is just as likely to affect breast size and shape. Sagging breasts are a common result of aging and gravity. Sagging breasts are determined by weight gain, genetics and skin elasticity. Avoiding excessive sun exposure and smoking will increase skin elasticity and weight training (particularly focussing on the upper body, though it is important to weight train for the entire body) will help to increase the pectoral muscles to lift the breasts. As well, wearing proper, yet not constrictive and well-fitting support will assist in this. If you take care of your weight and health in these ways you are unlikely to have breasts sagging any earlier than someone who has never been pregnant or breastfed and who does the same things. Someone who does NOT do these things is as likely to have a problem with sagging breasts, earlier or later.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 7:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I breastfed 3 kids and mine do not sag, matter of fact they are a little bigger than they were before the first baby. So to be completely honest EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT I used all caps lol because some people dont truly understand that everyone is different, if you want a snap shot if what you might expect the best place to look is your mom and grandmother, although it isnt 100% because I have a smaller chest than they did lol but they didnt sag until they hit their 50's and that was due to aging.

I started out a very small B almost an A went to a C with my first then back to a B, then a D with my second then back to a C with my last I stayed a C and now i am a small C just a bit too big to be in a B. my last two babies were BF until almost their 3rd birthdays, nope no sagging boobs here and i am in my 30's now :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 7:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Pregnancy and gravity do this; breastfeeding does not make it worse.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I never breastfed (tried unsuccessfully) and my 2nd pregnancy ruined my ridiculously firm full B's (almost C). They became soft, slightly saggy, with no more of the nice fill in them. I mean they were so firm and nice that past boyfriends mistook them for implants before my 2nd! But now...gone gone gone. I am pregnant with my 3rd and DREAD how much worse they will be.....

I think just being pregnant ruins them....sooooo incredibly cruel what having babies does to some of our bodies. :(
    Anonymous

• well, i went from a 36D prebaby, to a 38H after while brestfeeding.. thats is quite a bit of stretching, so yes, it made them kinda saggy after. but i also breastfed for 19 months so they may have contributed.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 8:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Gravity makes your breast sag. They will sag no matter what with age, because as I stated gravity pull them down. The heavier you rbreast are the more they hang over time. There is a myth, that if you exercise they will sit up. It only help the breast muscles. The the breast itself with not sit up anymore after time...normal
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 9:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2010